Anchor bolt is a fastener used to attach objects or structures to concrete. These are many types consisting of designs that are mostly proprietary to the manufacturing companies. All consist of a threaded end, to which a nut and washer can be attached to the external load. They are extensively used on all types of projects, from standard buildings to dams and nuclear power plants. They can also be used to firmly affix embed plates to a concrete foundation when used with a structural steel element.
The simplest anchor bolt is a cast-in-place anchor. There are designs, some consisting of a bent bolt with a hook on the end, or some other sorts of bending like V, U, J, L. Cast-in-place anchor bolts are the strongest type of fastener, but the casting is difficult, and they are usually only used for heavy machines mounted on poured concrete floors. Another use is to connect the concrete foundation of a building to its wall. With this, the building is more resistant to earthquakes. Currently, there are several devices to assist in holding and in placing anchor bolt to set in the concrete.
A concrete nervous is another way of attaching things to concrete that has already been poured and set.
Function Of Anchor Bolt:-
The characteristic of anchor bolts is to transfer masses to the masonry from attachments inclusive of ledges, sills, and bearing plates. Both shear and anxiety are transferred via anchor bolts to resist layout forces which include uplift due to the wind on the pinnacle of a column or wall or vertical gravity hundreds on ledgers supporting joists or trusses. The significance of
those loads varies significantly with the utility
Some of our Anchor Bolt type includes:
All wide range of foundation bolts is manufactured by us in a wide range of sizes and in zinc, nickel and powder coating as required by the customer.
How to install Anchor Bolt??
Keep the anchor bolt and template meeting rigidly in function throughout the concrete placement. Use timber templates or another positive way to make certain accurate positioning of anchor bolts.
Anchor Bolt Tightening system: – Tighten anchor bolts for site visitors sign poles, roadway
illumination poles with shoe bases, excessive mast illumination poles, and overhead sign assist
- Firstly Coat the threads of the Anchor bolt with some electrical lubricant.
- Install lowest nuts at the bolts, 1 on every bolt.
- Using the top template as a guide, level the pinnacle template by adjusting the bottom nuts so that the template rests on each nut.
- Remove the template.
- Coat the bearing surfaces of the bottom nuts and washers with lubricant.
- Set up1 washer and 1 top nut on each bolt turn the top nuts onto the bolts in order that everyone is hand-tight in opposition to the base plate.
- The use of a wrench, flip every bottom nut to a snug tight situation.
- Prevent rotation of the nut in the situation of all top nut tightening.