Tourism careers are trending highly these days on Google.
These days when there is a huge recession in engineering, travel and tourism industry still has an enormous job and career options.
In the upcoming years, there are high rising opportunities for the youth via Tourism Careers.
Job in this field would be fun and adventurous for the one who loves to explore things and they are even paid well enough.
About 46 million jobs would be created by 2025 in the Travel and Tourism industry.
Government is trying its best to support Tourism careers with new initiatives for the glowing future of the Youth.
Tourism Careers: Jobs in Tourism Industry
- Advisors of Travel and Tourism
- Air Hostess
- Baker Assistant
- Bar Attendant
- Café Workers
- Café Managers
- Care Takers
- Club Managers
- Commercial Cleaners
- Conference and Event organizer
- Crowd Attendant
- Domestic Cleaner
- Show and Event Organizers
- Food Trade Assistants
- Game Zone Managers
- Hotel Managers
- Hotel Service Managers
- Laundry Workers
- Motel Managers
- Motel Service Managers
- Pastry and Cake Bakers
- Restaurant and café Managers
- Shelf Filler and caretakers
- Tour Guides
- Travel Consultant
- Travel Agent
- Ticketing Staff
- Tourism Promoter
Tourism careers Require these skills
- Planning and organization skills for clients
- Leadership skills
- Management skills to manage large volume of staff of an organization
- Able to work for long and odd time schedules
- Knowledge of culture, history, architect, food, and art of the area working in currently are preferred
- Knowledge of foreign language is must for employees
- Able to perform multi-tasking to work in an organized manner even under pressure of multi-tasks
- Fluent communication skills to convert the leads for the organizational body
- Enthusiasm and optimistic in nature
- Team working and coordination skills with colleagues
- Creative and innovative thinker to design new market strategies
- Commitment towards work
- Evaluation and analytical skills to organize programs and events and to provide customer satisfaction results to make improvements.
- One must keep himself up-to-date for rules and regulations regarding bookings and reservation of tickets, visa, passport so that they could assist their customers and partners.
Salary and Perks in Travel and Tourism Careers : –
Travel and Tourism careers could make you earn a pretty handsome salary.
Perks like free stay in hotels, free air travel for you as well as your family.
Salaries are high in foreign travel agencies and airlines.
Initial salary in Tourism Careers may depend on various things including previous job profile, the profile of employer and working locations.
Pay salary of some of the Tourism careers are as follows:
Rs. 2500-3000 for Assistants
Rs. 10000-15000 for Regional Manager
Rs. 15000-25000 for General Manager
Rs. 7000-8000 for Air Hostess (early birds) may rise up to Rs. 45000 to 50000 for experienced in international airless.
Peak seasons of summer and winter breaks may lead to added perks, commissions and other bonuses.
Kinds of Courses you’ll be amazed to know for blooming Travel and Tourism careers
UG Bachelor Degree Courses
PG Degree Courses
PG Diploma Courses
PG Certificate Courses
Tourism Careers: Certificate Courses are recognized by various organizations
Certificate in Travel and Tourism Management
Certificate in Tourism Management
Certificate in Travel Management
Certificate in Tour Guide
Various Diploma Courses
Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management
Diploma in Airline Ticketing
Diploma in Tourist Guide
Diploma in Hospitality and Travel Management
Diploma in Travel Management and Aviation Hospitality
Diploma in Tourism Ticketing
Diploma in Tourism Studies
Tourism Careers: Courses under Bachelor Degree Courses
BA in Hospitality
BA in Travel and Tourism Management
B.Sc. in Travel and Tourism Management
BA Tourism Studies
BBA in Travel and Tourism Management
BBA in Air Travel Management
BBA in Travel Management
Bachelor of Tourism Studies
Bachelor of Tourism Administration
B.Com. in Travel & Tourism Management
BA Travel & Tourism
Government is giving important significance for the rise of this sector and create new Tourism careers and opportunities in India.
Various plans and initiatives are being developed for its growth.
Even private sector enterprises are showing their keen interest in the field.
It would help to provide lots of job opportunities for job seekers around the country and would help to enhance GDP of the country.
India is well known for its tourist destination especially Kerala Tourism and its rich heritage and culture.
Each year various people arrive from different parts of the world to enjoy India’s tourism and culture and it’s a responsibility of management professionals to take care of their accommodation, moods, needs, all other requirements and their travel programs.
One can even start his own business and could be self-employed if he or she has entrepreneurship and management skills and is financially strong.
Travel and Tourism agency, tour advisor, travel consultancy or guide could be established by one’s itself.